Restore Your Core
Restore Your Core
Restore Your Core™ is a whole body exercise program which can benefit everyone. It is particularly effective for women who are experiencing a core issue such as diastasis recti, pelvic organ prolapse or back pain. It is also great for postnatal ladies who want to regain core function after having children.
The RYC® method will retrain your core and pelvic floor muscles to be functional, reflexive, responsive and supportive to your body. Restore Your Core™ helps you learn to move better, exercise better, uncover movement compensation patterns and create new patterns of strength, mobility, length and support.
This method is for you if you
- Have a core issue such as diastasis recti or pelvic organ prolapse
- Have a ‘mummy tummy’ which still bothers you no matter how long ago you had children
- Have recurrent lower back, hip or pelvic pain
- Have done the RYC® online program and would like to have a one to one session to address any issues or concerns
Restore Your Core package
- An initial 75 minute session and two one hour follow up sessions
- Learn how to correct your alignment and movement patterns to reduce intra-abdominal pressure
- Repattern your breathing to support ideal core and pelvic floor function
- Learn how to properly engage your deep core muscles and teach them to work reflexively throughout the day
- Learn corrective exercises specific to your body to restore a functional core
- Educate yourself so that you can safely return to your chosen workouts
- Receive support, encouragement and accountability throughout your time working with me
What to expect in a session
Typically your first session will be a full assessment including your alignment, breathing and core strategy. I will also look at your movement habits, compensations and gait pattern where appropriate. You will learn optimum alignment for your body, breathing techniques to reduce intra-abdominal pressure, and how to properly engage your deep core musculature in order to rehabilitate the core and whole body back to health.
Sometimes I might suggest a session of manual therapy with me to help deal with any tightness or imbalances in the body. This might involve myofascial release on the abdomen or deep tissue massage anywhere on the body that may be contributing to your core issue.
After each session you will be given a set of a few corrective exercises given in video form. I usually advise you spend about 15 minutes 4-5 times a week doing these exercises and then come back for a follow up in a couple of weeks to re-assess and progress.
What My Clients Are Saying
“Thank you! I am feeling so much stronger and confident in my body now. I really appreciate all the work you have done with me. It has been a long journey from being diagnosed with a prolapse, to then being told it’s all gone, to now not feeling any pressure or dragging when I carry our little girl around. Whew!”
I’m a Sports Massage Therapist and Movement Teacher who specialises in core rehabilitation. With many years of experience in manual therapy, movement and fitness I draw on a depth of knowledge and tools to tailor my sessions to individual needs.
My aim is to educate and enable my clients to feel fully confident in their bodies and move through life without fear and pain. I love everything about my job. It combines my continued fascination with the human body with meeting and helping a huge variety of people. Please get in touch if you have any questions at all.
LSSM dip ISRM; BWY dip; CPT-RES
Contact me below to book a session
Kentish Town, NW5,
a few minutes walk from the tube.
07973 614 403